2019 Pettibone Telehandler 944X Featuring several next gen optimizations, the Extendo 944X telehandler is powered by a standard 74-horsepower engine and features tried-and-true Pettibone hydraulics.
The 74-horsepower Cummins QSF3.8 Tier 4 Final diesel engine features a DOC muffler and requires no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). Side pod mounting offers easy service access while allowing excellent curbside visibility and ground clearance.
Drivetrain & Axles
Drivetrain and axles have been optimized to provide greater tractive effort with minimal tradeoff on top end speed.
- Dana 212 Series high steer axles provide excellent tractive effort.
- Tight steer angle capability provides efficient turning radius.
- Dana VDT12000 Powershift transmission offers 3 speeds, forward and reverse.
- Full time 4-wheel-drive with limited-slip front axle differential.
Newly designed boom with formed boom plates offers greater strength with less weight.
- Boom deflection minimized for better control and accuracy placing loads.
- Boom overlap nearly doubled to provide smoother operation and reduce contact forces on wear pads.
- Fastener-less wear pads simplify service.
- Bottom-mounted external extend cylinder significantly reduces load on wear pads; cylinder location also provides better service access to internal boom components.
- Compression tilt design allows for a smaller bore cylinder with same tilt force.
- Single extension chain eliminates the need to balance dual chains.